February birds singing.

In our Franktown yard in the past week we have heard singing: Black-capped and
Mountain Chickadees, House Finches, and Dark-eyed Juncos.

Today at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge on the Wildlife Drive
and heard (and saw) singing Western Meadowlarks and Horned Larks. (Also a
couple of Ferruginous Hawks, several Red-tails, a harrier, several Bald Eagles,
and a Great Horned Owl on a nest.)

Snow on Thursday?

Hugh Kingery
Franktown, CO