There has been a definite increase in gull movement over Littleton, too,
coincident with the cold temps and increased ice coverage on local
reservoirs. So far I have only noted *Ring-billed* these recent days,
except for a few *Herring*.

By the way, it is a good time now to look for gulls at South Platte Park
Reservoir early and late in the day as we now have ice and limited open
water . I visited there early on 2/22 with rather limited open water, and
saw that the *White-winged Scoter* continued, and two *Red-breasted
Mergansers* were new for me there over recent weeks. I did not see the
Yellow-billed Loon, but distortion was challenged to the far side, and my
time was brief.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO