I have a space remaining on my trip to South Africa for a single male. The
trip will begin by arriving in Johannesburg October 24 and leaving for home
on November 11. I have worked to make the trip very affordable. I am hiring
local guides through a program managed by Bird Life South Africa. We can
expect about 400 species including 29 endemics and 73 regional endemics
along with numerous mammals.

There will be four nights at the incomparable Kruger NP with a large
complement of birds and mammals. We will take two night drives.

The other well-known sites each harboring their own specialties include:

Zaagkuildrift Road although going through heavily grazed grassland the list
of birds is surprisingly long with several species we will not see
elsewhere.

Polokwane Reserve of acacia woodland and grassland.

Mist-forest in the mountains at Magoebaskloof

Wakkerstroom area comprised of high-altitude grasslands and wetlands being
declared a National Freshwater Priority Area.

Mkuze Game Reserve consisting of acacia savannah, mixed forest, sand forest

iSimangaliso Wetland Park with subtropical dune forest and wetlands with a
night drive.

Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park with the largest population of white rhino in the
world. Mountainous with scarp forest and grassland.

Ongoye scarp forest, Dlinza Forest (coastal forest), and Amatikulu lowland
coastal forest

I have arranged a special pelagic trip just for our group in Durban.

In the Karkloof mountains above Durban, there is Afro-montane forest,
mist-belt forest, and grassland. We will finish at the spectacular
Drakensburg escarpment with a trip to the highlands of Lesotho with its
group of very localized species.

The posting of this trip has been approved by the CFO Board

Please contact me directly

Norm Erthal

Arvada, CO