Hi, folks—

Another voice chiming in in favor of adopting a BBS route.  I write a
bi-monthly column for Colorado Central.  One of my favorite columns featured
the BBS route my husband and I ran over Marshall Pass Road in central Colorado
for 5 years.  It took some reassurance from our friend Duane Nelson that we
could do it just fine, even though we’re hardly expert birders.  We probably
weren’t the strongest birders running that route, but dang—we also weren’t the
worst.

If you’re on the fence about adopting a route, it might help nudge you over:
http://cozine.com/2014-july/natural-world-3/.

Tina Mitchell
(now in Oceanside, CA)