The unusual "silver" red fox seen recently, and my post to this forum showing
its picture, has brought something to a head.  I have received both good and
bad feedback.  First of all, I did not discover this individual.  It has been
around and is known to many, including the CPW personnel at the Moose Visitor
Center.  The bad feedback involves how giving out the whereabouts of a creature
like this, as we have seen with particularly charismatic birds like Snowy Owls,
could lead to over pursuit by photographers, or worse, interest by poachers.
That was certainly NOT my intent and I am now wishing I had not shared the
photo.  My bad.  Hopefully nothing happens that harms the animal or irritates
the Moose Visitor Center personnel.  To the extent we birders have control over
these two things, let's use our heads better than I did in posting the picture.
 Nothing we can do about the people who monitor our sites and intentionally or
unintentionally cause harm to individual creatures, habitats or neighbor
relations.  We can, however, report transgressions if and when we see them.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins