This morning, before the El Paso County Monday Birders (MAMBO) appeared, I
saw two breeding plumage *Red-necked Grebes *seen from the State Wildlife
Area, in the north west side of Pueblo Reservoir (Pueblo County)  Luckily
for the group, we all saw one of them.  We had a nice morning, into the
afternoon of birding around Lake Pueblo State Park, Swallows, and the SWA.
Check their e-bird lists for more information on where we saw things.

Some of the other highlights: were a pair of Black Phoebes and a pair of
Eastern Phoebes that have been around for a few weeks now, one non-breeding
plumage Common Loon, and a flyover calling Red Crossbill at Swallows.
Shorebirds were, 13 American Avocets, both Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs,
and three Baird's Sandpipers.  We saw all six Colorado grebe species, and
both Franklin's and Bonaparte's Gulls.

Good birding,

--
Brandon Percival