Thanks so much to Rachel Hopper for finding this rare hummer and getting
the word out so quickly.

Our DFO trip to Weld County Wetlands was having fun with shorebirds and
other spring migrants when
we got the word in time to go with Plan B - Rachel's backyard!

We were treated to prolonged views of the female Anna's Hummingbird,
perched at the feeder, at the top
of an aspen, with time for oohs, aahs, and photos.
We also heard her vocalize in flight.

THANKS! What a fun bird to add to the DFO Big Year 2018 list during a DFO
field trip!

Joe Roller, Denver