Yesterday in Rio Grande Gorge, south of Lobatos Bridge, I saw a Black
Phoebe (Conejos County).  There are less than a dozen reports in my
database, and we get this species every few years. Ironically, the first
SLV record that I am aware of was one found by Hugh and Urling Kingery in
1996 in the same area.  I would suspect they nest somewhere in there. Would
be a good summer trip and I would wear my snake gaiters as this is a good
area to find a snake too!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO