Things seemed kind of stirred up today, as we went from partly sunny to light
rain between 10am and 1pm.  I guess everything has a right to be shaken up
after the recent winds.

In my apartment complex courtyard about a mile east of the CSU campus were:

Lincoln's Sparrow (been present for about a week, not normal for this property)

Song Sparrow (yard bird #126), I have lived here 21 years.

Red Crossbill (few that sounded like Type 2s were briefly in the cones of a
tall spruce)

Sheldon Lake at City Park had a female Hooded Merganser at noon sleeping with
two Mallards on the southside log.  Not normal for this location.

At Grandview Cemetery:

Two gray-headed Dark-eyed Juncos (not normal, obviously birds on the move from
somewhere to the mountains).  Also saw two pink-sided, which is the most common
overwintering type and which seemingly had all cleared out for points north
(that is, until these two appeared today).

Red-tailed Hawk and Great Horned Owl continue on their respective nests.

Black-capped Chickadees cleaning out a second cavity in the same American Elm
where they were cleaning out a different one a few days ago.

Small flock of five Mountain Chickadees was new, again, birds on the move to
the mountains, presumably.

Small flock of four Mourning Doves flew over, FOY for Grandview Cemetery.

Still no female Broad-tailed Hummingbirds.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins