A very pleasant day of banding, with numbers similar to yesterday - 21
banded and 4 returns from prior years.  Several first of year species.  My
favorite of the morning was a Scrub-Jay, an unusual catch and a real
personality.  Here's the breakdown:

Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay 1
House Wren 6
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow Warbler 5 new, 1 oldster (banded as an adult in 2014) and 1 banded
in 2017
Northern Waterthrush 1 FOS
MacGillivray's Warbler 1 FOS
Common Yellowthroat 2
Wilson's Warbler 1 FOS
Yellow-breasted Chat 1, banded 2016
Spotted Towhee 1, banded 2017
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird 1

Come visit! But a reminder - we are CLOSED for 3 days (5/10-5/12). We will
be back in business on Sun, 5/13, when Audubon Society of Greater Denver
will hold its annual Mother's Day brunch and fundraiser. (I believe it is
sold out, but contact ASGD for more information.) Station will then be open
daily, weather permitting, through the end of May, except for Memorial day.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies