Hi all

Some may have viewed this weekend's weather as "gloomy" for birding. For us
it turned out fabulous for birding--it started as cloudy, chilly, was
misting throughout the morning and eventually the misting stopped, the
temperatures warmed a bit and the cloud cover remained leaving us a very
enjoyable day of birding.

We saw a total of 112 species, highlights being the following (full list
further below):

   - Chimney Swift [11th Ave, Greeley]
   - Willow Flycatcher [Crow Valley campground, Briggsdale] -- this bird
   further IDed from our "empid" ID by a visiting empid enthusiast who joined
   our group for a bit
   - Black Tern [Stewart's Pond, La Salle]
   - Willet [Beebe Draw (Weld CR 42), La Salle]
   - Red-necked Phalarope (2) [1-Beebe Draw (Weld CR 42), La Salle; 1-Hwy
   77/Weld CR 116 NE Playa, Briggsdale]
   - Virginia's Warbler [Lone Tree Creek at Weld CR 110, Nunn]
   - Plumbeous Vireo (2) [1-Lone Tree Creek at Weld CR 110, Nunn; 1-My
   yard, Nunn]
   - Forster's Tern (2) [1-Crom Lake, Pierce; 1-Weld CR 37/94 NE Gravel Pit]
   - Western Tanager [Cemetery Road, Nunn]
   - Black-headed Grosbeak [My yard, Nunn]
   - Hermit Thrush [Crow Valley campground, Briggsdale]
   - Chestnut-collared Longspur (8) [6-Weld CR 45 and 114, Nunn; 2-two
   miles north of intersection, Nunn]
   - Blue Grosbeak [Two miles north of intersection Weld CR 45 and 114,
   Nunn]
   - Brown Thrasher (2) [Crow Valley campground, Briggsdale]
   - White-faced Ibis (4) [Beebe Draw (Weld CR 42), La Salle]

Birds not seen by us but reported by others at Crow Valley Campground,
Briggsdale:  Blackpoll Warbler (2); Yellow-breasted Chat; MacGillvray's
Warbler; White-throated Sparrow; Veery and Cassin's Vireo

Full list:

Canada Goose
Gadwall
American Wigeon