I visited Mitchek Ranch-aka the Golden-crowned Warbler stakeout spot along
Cheyenne County Road 9 just south of Kit Carson County.  Even at a high
humidity wind chill below freezing this place is a real charmer.  Even just
birding from the road; there is a lot of habitat to view.  Even without seeing
Golden-crowned Warbler, the birding is rewarding.

After 4 days, this is now the Number 2 hotspot in Cheyenne County (well, maybe
that's not so hard to do).  If you want a laugh, look at the bar chart tab for
the hotspot on eBird.  102 species are currently listed for the spot, but it
has only ever had reports for the 3rd week in May!

So all of you who now have Golden-crowned Warbler on your Cheyenne County life
list, I have just one question for you....Do you have Brown Pelican in Cheyenne
County?

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder