Caught a few birds that would be migrating through, some first-time birds
likely to stay for the season, and a bunch of locally breeding birds banded
earlier that are now in the breeding process.  Among the 3 birds caught
today that had been banded in previous years, one was a Yellow Warbler
banded in 2013 that we have not caught again until now.  How did she evade
us in 14, 15, 16, and 17??  Here is the breakdown of birds caught for the
first time this year:

Dusky Flycatcher 2
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin 1 banded in 2017
Gray Catbird 1
Cedar Waxwing 1
Yellow Warbler 2 new, 2 returns, 1 from 2013 and 1 from 2014
Common Yellowthroat 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 4
White-crowned Sparrow, Mountain 1

Come visit! Station is open daily, weather permitting, through the end of
May, except for Memorial Day. We open nets about 6:30 and close around
noon. If you would like to visit on a weekend, you must pre-register - go
to the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website. Perhaps the best time for
birders to visit is early in the morning during the week - fewer people and
more birds! (School groups arrive each day between 10:00 and 10:30.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies