This trip is led by Alison Holloran and Carl Starace.

*Date:  June 23-24, 2018*

*2 SPOTS LEFT Limited to 12 people*

*Donation:  $90 per person, including a gourmet picnic lunch.*

Interested in signing up? Email:  piombino....@gmail.com

Join Alison Holloran, Executive Director of Audubon Rockies and a research
scientist, for this outstanding weekend filled with birds and beautiful
natural areas.  You will head north early on Saturday, with Carl Starace
who will take you to Soapstone Prairie, an exceptional prairie preserve on
the border of Wyoming.  The grasslands are nearly pristine and Bison have
been reintroduced.  This is the area that has reported Baird’s Sparrows the
last two years!

Saturday night, we will meet Alison and have dinner in town.  You will
leave the hotel on Sunday for an early morning visit to a private ranch
along the Little Laramie River that hosts the Laramie Bird Banding
Station.  There, you will have the opportunity to hold, “a bird in the
hand”.  If you have never had a chance to intimately experience bird
banding, we know you will be charmed and amazed at the process and the
birds.  Alison will talk about the reasons to band, the cautions taken and
what data is being gleaned from recoveries.

Boulder County Audubon will provide a gourmet picnic lunch while at
Soapstone Prairie on Saturday.  You will be responsible for your hotel on
Saturday night and all other meals.  We will be staying at the Hampton Inn,
Laramie, where the price I have been quoted is $119.00 per double.