Hi Cobirders
I found a Lesser Goldfinch among some American Goldfinches and House
Finches at Lowell
ponds (Adams County) this morning about 8:05. It brings my list at Lowell
ponds to 127. I got the best look at the humming bird that I've had since
the first sighting on June 20 this year. It is dark, without noticeable
contrast. There is a white spot behind the eye. It is not noticeably
large.I have found Bushtits there often since June 28, but didn't think
they were so unexpected to post. I watch the former Lowell Ponds State
Wildlife area south of I-76, and N. of the Clear Creek bike path, between
Lowell Blvd. and Tennyson.
Good birding. Bob Canter, Denver