Idaho Creek is a named water body west of Weld CR 5 and north of CR 16.5.
There are many similar gravel pits near there, along the S Platte River,
west of I-25 and basically SE of Longmont.

If you get to the general area, you have a choice of water bodies near
county roads.
Maybe David Ely or Steve Mlodinow could be more specific about good vantage
points near
there.

To add to the confusion, Idaho Creek is listed in Google as a populated
place:
Idaho Creek (GNIS FID: 178736) is a populated place LOCATED WITHIN the Town
of Frederick. In turn, the Town of Frederick is located within Weld County.
Idaho Creek is located at latitude 40.122 and longitude -105.013. The
elevation of Idaho Creek is 4,902 feet above mean sea level.

Joe Roller, Denver