Today I found a juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in a pine tree at the
Holy Cross Abbey in  Canon City.  I don't if this might the same bird as
reported by Jerry DeBoer in mid November in as the age was not noted.
While he reported that one in Rouse Park it is my experience that these
fall/early winter sapsuckers move around to the various parks, etc in Canon
City so location is fluid.  I got several fairly good pics of the this bird
and have uploaded them to my Birds and Nature blog
<https://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/2018/12/yellow-bellied-sapsucker-in-canon-city.html>.
I also found 2 female Williamson's Sapsuckers around town today but no
males.

I was surprised to find our usual wintering flock of Greater White-fronted
Geese on the far west side of Canon City on Riverside Drive.  I have been
looking for them for a month where they have always been on the far east
side of town.   There was a group of 10 feeding in a grass field with
Canada Geese.

When I got home I was delighted to see a White-throated Sparrow in my
yard.  In the winter of 2015 I had two White-throated Sparrows visited my
yard off and on for a couple of months.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com