Thanks to Kathy Mihm-Dunning & Christian Hagenlocher, we understand the
identify of the hybrid duck at the Walker Pit. They referred us to several
sites that show this bird as a Bufflehead/Common Goldeneye hybrid. Apparently
it or one like it showed up at the Walker Pit last fall as well, although we
didn't hear about it.

One report, from British Columbia speculated that the Bufflehead and maybe COGO
parent stuck with the hybrid. We see both at Walker, and the hybrid, yesterday
at least, hung around three Buffleheads. Today, 3 male & 2 female Buffleheads,
10 goldeneyes.

We have seen this duck yesterday & today around 10 a.m. but couldn't find it
after 11 a.m. either day.

Hugh & Urling