Greetings COBIRDS:

This afternoon I was treated to a 2.5 hour visit from an adult female northern
goshawk in my Columbine Knolls North backyard. She sat in my ash tree, about 40
ft off the ground. I first noticed her at 3:45 PM and she vanished at 6:15PM.
She was wet, but roused, preened, stretched, muted (twice) and tucked up a foot
to survey  the area. In the 19 years I've lived in this house, I've never had
one in my yard, let alone seen one cruising through the area, though I know
they do just that at certain times of the year.

~Anne Price
Littleton, Jefferson County