Hi COBirders,

I just had a good surprise, a pair of adult Evening Grosbeaks in my yard mist
net, and another two watching closely from a nearby tree. This is only the
third time I've had this species in my yard in NW COS in 30 years, and never in
spring. The two netted ones I banded.

Also, yesterday I caught my FOS Lincoln's Sparrow in the yard, only the 5th
I've seen here, and 2nd banded.

I still have a handful of mixed juncos around, all new ones, and not among the
winter residents I already banded.

Birds are moving!
(And for those interested, I plan to resume banding operations at Clear Spring
Ranch around 4/30.)

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs,
Mountain Shadows neighborhood