Hello all

Ted's swift report got me to thinking about early swifts in my personal
records. I looked back through my records for Chimney Swift in Boulder County
and the earliest one I have is 23 March 1977! My notes indicate the bird was
calling but I have no recollection of this sighting. I also have records for
29-30 April 1974 and 26 April 1979. All other dates I have for Colorado are in
May or later. It should be noted that several Vaux's Swifts wintered in Florida
and Louisiana this past year. The shape of the swift in Ted's photo is very
similar to the photos I took of Vaux's Swifts in Louisiana in March this year.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S53624713

Steve Larson

Northglenn, CO