I went to Chico Basin yesterday. I had several target birds in mind. The
first was a Cassin's Sparrow a bird I'm pretty sure I've seen before but
had  never I.D.ed. I was almost to banding station when one presented
itself and I got a very good look at it. Lifer one for the day. I birded in
the woods and saw a Veery (lifer 2). The day was going well. I even met
Gary Koehn who lives by me. So i proceeded to the Rose Pond in Pueblo
County and saw Bill Maynard getting into his car. He asks my name and then
says, " Hey, didn't I help you I.D. a Northern Shoveler a few years back at
Big Johson Reservoir". I wanted to yell, " Hey , "I've been to the spot on
the Sea of Cortes where the Blue Footed Booby goes to die". But I have to
own it. It has not been too many years since I could not identify one of
the most common Ducks in Colorado. Still trying to get better.