My close and personal friend Steve Larson found a great bird today in Boulder.
I and many others were able to photograph this rarity, a hermit warbler. I
suspect this bird is a 1st year male, based on the extent of black in the crown
and throat. My photos of this Pacific Northwest warbler can be found here..
https://gwalbek.smugmug.com/2019-Birds/

This is the 20th species of warbler I have observed in just over 24 hours.
Birding Eastern Colorado yesterday, I and others racked up a nice tally of
Eastern birds including, bay-breasted, worm-eating, magnolia, hooded,
Tennessee, blackpoll, and northern parula as well as veery and gray-cheeked
thrush.  I recommend you check your ‘patch’ often in the next few days, as
Steve Larson did today.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10