Hi Everyone,

Today 5/25 I visited some local spots around Longmont. First I went to Pella
Crossing. There were plenty of migrants: Clay-colored Sparrow, Swainson's
Thrush, Plumbeous Vireo, (presumed) Willow Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher. A
Broad-winged Hawk circling overhead was a surprise. Lagerman Reservoir still
has some Red-necked Phalaropes, and there was an Eastern Kingbird in place
of last week's Western and Cassin's. Two Common Goldeneye seemed late in
departing. Late in the day I went to Walden Ponds, where Edith Israel's
Lewis's Woodpecker was still in the unhealthy cottonwood at the first
residence on the right on Walden Ponds Road. The bird was visible from the
road, but eventually flew north out of view.

Mark Miller

Longmont, CO