Bird continues, seen from east shades. Nice find Ben.Glenn WalbekCastle Rock,
COSent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Ben S <benr...@gmail.com> Date: 11/8/19
 6:18 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com> Subject:
[cobirds] Likely Yellow-billed Loon, Cherry Creek SP (Arapahoe) Hi all, This
afternoon around 4 PM, I saw a Mew Gull and possible Yellow-billed Loon from
Cherry Creek's Lake Loop. The Mew Gull was swimming about halfway between the
east shades and lake loop. It was at least a fourth mile from where I was
standing, hence the quality of the photo. It was a small larus gull, its mantle
was slightly darker than a Ring-billed Gull, its head was dainty and rounded,
and it had a tiny and stubby bill. The loon was similar in size and shape to a
Common Loon, including a very large bill. However, this bird had pale yellowish
bill, no dark anywhere on the bill visible. It had a pale face, with no
distinct eyering. Also, its back and neck was pale for a loon, almost brownish.
It was swimming near the Mew Gull not too far from the east shades, but swam
south to the south central part of the reservoir. I have several photos of this
bird. I think they show the field marks, even though they are blurry. Please
take a look at my ebird checklist, as I am having trouble uploading photos
here. Any feedback on the Mew Gull or Yellow-billed Loon is appreciated. Here
is my ebird checklist where photos can be seen :
https://ebird.org/checklist/S61282012.Ben SampsonCentennial, CO

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/a2049d9a-f8d8-4011-a2e3-d47c7802c7f3%40googlegroups.com.