COBIRDERS,
To those who might be interested, my friend Janeal Thompson and I are giving a
talk to the Fort Collins Audubon Society (FCAS) tomorrow night at the Fort
Collins Senior Center at 7pm.  The topic is spiders.  Janeal, an avid birder in
Lamar whom many of you know, has been smitten by spider photography the last
few years.  When the program person at FCAS asked me about doing a program this
year, I decided it was time to show off Janeal's photographs.  We are NOT
spider experts but have gone to school on arachnids putting this together.  I
put a little bit about birds eating spiders in the talk and I suspect spiders
are a very underappreciated, underestimated part of bird diets.  Most of them
are just so darn small, documentation of birds eating spiders is quite
difficult.

So far, the event has not been cancelled.  If you are interested in the
subject, please feel free to attend.  We will have a live tarantula available
for spider therapy.  Janeal's 9-year old granddaughter who won last fall's
statewide "11th Annual How Big Is Your Cat Faced Spider Contest" will be in
attendance with her trophy.  It should be fun.

In the event the Senior Center (1200 Raintree Drive, which is one block nw of
the intersection of S Shields and W Drake in sw Fort Collins) issues a
cancellation of events, watch COBIRDS tomorrow.  If you don't see anything, it
is a "GO".

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins