I have a view of transmission towers & lines from my yard in Centennial
(Arapahoe County). Only a birder would think that an asset. I have regular
sightings of Red-tails and occasional Cooper's Hawk sightings. on the
towers The towers have also yielded me a Peregrine Falcon Sighting. Merlins
and Kestrels are occasional users of it as well.

The Red-tails only perch on the towers, not the actual lines. (Cooper's
seem to prefer the towers too; though uncommon in my immediate
neighborhood, Kestrels can be found on both.) You can tell the Swainson's
Hawks are back, because you'll see them on both. The Red-tails appear out
(at least over the past few days) earlier in the day. The Swainson's appear
out in the mid-to-late afternoon.

Can anyone think of reasons for these differences, or should I chalk it up
to the selective and non-systematic nature of my observations?

- Jared Del Rosso, apparently missing all the Broad-wings...
Centennial, CO