While it seemed a majority of those actively birding today were previously
reported birds, I enjoyed the opportunity to get out to some spots in hopes
of coming across an eastern vagrant of my own.

I started the day down at *Chatfield *with a quick walk along the swim
beach in hopes of finding some late shorebirds. The beach was empty but I
came across a calling *NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH *as the sun was peaking over
the horizon.

Stopped by the *Audubon Center *for a walk along the river after that, but
it was very quiet. There were a couple calling Least Flycatchers, a few
calling Chats and very few warblers.

After that I made a quick stop at *Robert A. Easton* where there is still a
decent sized flock of warblers working the trees around the tennis courts.
The flock consisted of 95% yellow-rumped with a few Orange-crowned.

I followed that up with a stop at *Harriman Lake *where I had a male
*BLACK-AND-WHITE
WARBLER. *The yellow-rumps at this location seem to be turning over into
Orange-crowned and Yellows. I also had two male and one female Common
Yellowthroat working the ditch.

A little later in the day I did a short hike along *Bear Creek *and came
across a male *BLACKPOLL WARBLER *feeding among a group of Yellow-rumps.

As is typical this time of year, there are quite a few eastern warblers
showing up scattered around the county.  Although the warbler flocks are
hanging out in the same locations, the birds are definitely changing over,
so if you have a warbler flock in your local patch it's worth checking in
on it over the next few weeks to see what might join the birds for a day or
two!

Kevin DeBoer,
Littleton