Hi CoBirders
I was able to see two American Dippers this morning in Clear Creek, just
east of the Lowell Blvd. bridge. They were very lose to each other at times
and I could see an evident size difference. When the larger bird approached
the smaller, it would dip and flair its wings. It didn't attempt to forage
or enter the stream very much. The smaller bird foraged actively. I saw
both birds enter the  nest hole in the wall on the south side of the creek,
sometimes carrying grass into it. I didn't see any young in the nest. Other
birds observed at this spot: Canada Goose, Mallard, Barn Swallow, Am. Robin
and House Sparrow.
Thank you, Bob Canter, Denver