Peter,

It sounds like you likely found the bird. It was associating with that flock
yesterday when I saw it mid day, and again when my fiancée went yesterday
evening. The back is much more green than an orange crowned, and the underparts
are are mostly white, the undertail coverts in particular. Look at your photos
and see if you have any shots of that. The eyeline was definitely distinct. I
first mistakenly ID’d the thing as a red-eyed vireo and went back to change my
ID once I got a better look at my photos.

Cheers,

Steve Rash
Denver, Co.