Cobirders,

A couple of Band-tailed Pigeons came sporadically today to my place at 294
E Mountain Avenue in Empire. The town was regular for them 20 years ago,
but I hadn't seen any in over 10 years. Birders are welcome. Their (the
birds) perch site is on the wires to the east of the house, which is just
above the feeders. I've also put a small feeder on the north side of the
garage. Other feeder birds I've seen in the past week are Evening Grosbeaks
& Cassin's Finches (regular) and Black-headed Grosbeaks (seem to be regular
now). Seen once are Pine Grosbeak, Red Crossbill, and Lewis's Woodpecker.
I'm thankful for the mountains. A birder's best perch site would be between
the garage and house.

Larry Modesitt
Arvada and Empire