That's how I see it for the best single source of information for the
location of birds in the state of Colorado and it was killed by eBird.  I
put sightings on eBird most of the time but it's less and less. I'm told
that eBird is a wonderful thing. Such a source of public information. Then
again there are those "Anonymous" lists that no-one can see.  Maybe it is,
but to me it is a part of a tech age of birding I can't adjust to and can't
grasp no matter how many times somebody shows me how to use it.  Friends
can pull stuff up on their phones like magic.  I can't get it.  "Just pull
up the map on your phone" they say.  Yeah, right.

I can understand why the compilers are retiring.  The RBA has become
ridiculously time consuming if you check eBird for everything the way
Allison does. I tried to do it and just can't.  And I guess it isn't just
eBird that's killed the RBA.  It's FaceBook along with it.  There was a
time when sightings were reported to Cobirds and the RBA could be compiled
from Cobirds but no longer.  FB and eBird is killing Cobirds as a reporting
tool too.

Raise a toast to the RBA and remember it fondly.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO