Hi everyone,

Some of you that have recently been to the north side of Barr Lake (Adams
Co.) may have noticed the obliteration of the tree-lined stream area below
the Barr Lake dam. Large construction vehicles continued their warpath
today, removing more trees along the stream that have provided wonderful,
shady habitat for birds over the years. I would expect this area to be
mostly devoid of trees and shrubs in the coming days. I spoke to a ranger
yesterday, and she said that although some trees will be saved per input
from Barr Lake rangers, it is not Barr Lake property and those pesky trees
were simply sucking up too much irrigation water. Ironically, this area is
only about 1/4 mile east of the Bird Conservancy of the Rockies house. Take
that, birds.

Adam Vesely
Thornton, CO