Hi again,

I just thought of an interesting CHSP observation to share from this week from
Clear Spring Ranch.

Early in August I was surprised that about 95% of the Chipping Sparrows I was
catching were adults, or at least After Hatch Year birds, with many females
with recovering brood patches. This continued for a couple weeks, then things
were about 50-50 in mid-August.

Now I am seeing about 95% juvenile birds, with only about 10 adults this week,
with 350-400 juvenile birds.

FYI.

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs