Well, on the subject of puzzle questions and other not-quite-cobirds topics, I
was part of an educational webinar on heavy equipment and machinery for
interpreters, and there was a picture of a big truck with a crane, and a
picture of a great blue heron.  As in English, the words in Spanish for a metal
crane and the bird are the same, but I had to let the webinar teacher know that
he wasn’t showing a picture of a crane, not Antigone canadensis.  He said he
searched for images of cranes, and that was what he found 🙄

Sent from my iPad
Elena Holly Klaver
United States Court Certified Interpreter
Conference Interpreter
303.475.5189

Member: American Translators Association
Colorado Translators Association
Colorado Association of Professional Interpreters

I acknowledge that I live in the territory of Hinóno’éí (Arapaho), Cheyenne and
Ute Nations according to the 1851 Treaty of Fort Laramie, and that Colorado’s
Front Range is home to many Native peoples.  Reconozco que vivo en el
territorio de las naciones Hinóno’éí
 (Arapaho), Cheyenne y Ute, según el 1851 Tratado de Fort Laramie, y que el
estado de Colorado al este de las Montañas Rocosas es territorio de muchos
pueblos indígenas.