Second time in 16 years: energetic bird foraging like a flicker for what looks
like tiny grubs in pine duff. I got very excited, thinking I could increase by
one our cumulative yardlist, but I had forgotten: a thrasher visited the yard
in 2008. So the list stays at 122.

The yard is full of hungry birds this morning, including altitude migrants
(Scrub Jay, Steller's Jay, White-crowned Sparrows, Townsend's Solitaire,
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Wilson's Warbler).

Yesterday at dusk, right after I remarked that I hadn't seen a hummingibrd for
3 days, a tiny young Broad-tailed hummer appeared on one feeder, and spent 10
shivery minutes stoking up for the night, one sip at a time. I haven't seen it
today, but hope it survived and headed further south. I plan, as recommended,
to keep the feeders out for a week after the last sighting.

Linda
8417 Stirrup Ln Longmont CO 80503

I acknowledge that I live in the territory of Hinóno’éí (Arapaho) and Cheyenne
Nations, according to the 1851 Treaty of Fort Laramie; and that Colorado’s
Front Range is home to The Ute & many other Native peoples. Reconozco que vivo
en el territorio de las naciones Hinóno’éí (Arapaho) y Cheyenne, según el 1851
Tratado de Fort Laramie; y que el estado de Colorado al esté de las Montañas
Rocosas es territorio de Utes y muchos otros pueblos indígenas.