Colorado Field Ornithologists is pleased to announce the establishment of the
Joe Roller Memorial Grant. We have joined forces with Scott Somershoe to raise
funds for this new grant, which will support avian research in Colorado and
honor the memory of long-time Colorado birder Joe Roller. The grant will be
funded by pledges raised through Scott’s 2021 Green Big Year, a green
(carbon-free) birding initiative. Scott is going to find as many species as
possible by only walking or riding his bike from his home in Littleton,
Jefferson County, with a goal of raising as much money as possible to support
the new grant. He will aim for at least 250 bird species. We are taking
per-species pledges and flat tax-deductible donations towards the Grant online
at https://Cobirds.org/CFO/Grants. (Scroll to the bottom of the page). If you
pledge $1 per species, and Scott ends 2021 with 250 species, you would be asked
for a payment of $250. For more information about the grant or for assistance
with donating, please email jrmemgr...@cobirds.org.

Thanks,
Nick Komar
CFO President