I know many of you saw the webinar that Arvind Panjabi presented last week
about the causes of the die-off of hundreds/thousands of songbirds found
dead in Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico around the time of the
early big snowstorm last September.  For those of you who missed it, it can
be viewed here:  https://youtu.be/tqq-jwDzUbM  This 30 minute video
includes information about the results of the necropsies done on these
birds, which showed that "nearly all birds were severely emaciated." A
sobering report that raises lots of additional questions about what we need
to do to conserve birds and their food sources.

Meredith McBurney
Bander/Biologist
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies