From: cobirds@googlegroups.com <cobirds@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Jeff
Percell <jeff.perc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 10:08 AM
To: Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Boulder White Goose ID

Hi David,

I just now saw your post, but I went out yesterday and spent some time
observing from both Prince Lake No 2 and Erie Lake (Reservoir according to
eBird), as this (presumably same) bird that has been previously reported a few
times this week from Erie Lake.

I was able to get better views from the Erie Lake side, but still not great
photos. I posted several to my checklists below. I believe it to be a Ross's
Goose based on the short stubby bill, completely lacking a grin patch. To me it
appeared smaller than the nearby Canadas, which there was also some Cacklers on
the lake as well.

I'd certainly appreciate any feedback on the ID, as this would be my first
Ross's Goose.

My checklists:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S84088989
https://ebird.org/checklist/S84083104