Birders,
After reviewing more photos of the finches I had this a.m., I'm not so sure
of the Purple Finch ID.  I have a  photo of the female's beak and it looks
pointed.  I never did see the streaking on the breast of the bird as it
stayed in the tray.  I was basing my ID on the head pattern and nothing
else as  I saw no other field marks.
Comments welcome.

--
Ira Sanders