All,
Just a little update on the green big year. I managed to get up a few posts
before I get too far behind on the storytelling and before migration gets
hot!

In spite of passerine migration not really happening yet, I'm at 152
species! I FINALLY got a Peregrine Falcon on Saturday, which was Joe's
favorite bird. Black Phoebe was species 150 with Peregrine coming just a
couple minutes later. I got a lot of really great green birds in the last
week or so, including a new CO bird for my list! You'll have to read to
find out the details!

Blog:
Joe Roller Memorial Green Big Year 2021 blog
<https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/>

As always, please consider supporting the new Joe Roller Research Grant
with a pledge or donation. All the funds go to CFO to support future
ornithologists (and they help keep me motivated)!
https://cobirds.org/CFO/Grants/

Specific blog posts:
Tues, April 13. Frozen water bottle, a broken shifter, and more. Quite the
misadventure, but......
https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/2021/04/wait-what-short-eared-owl.html

Wed, Apr 14 should have been another day off the bike, but alas I rode.
Then I found a LONG-BILLED CURLEW!
https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/2021/04/what-should-have-been-another-rest-day.html

Snowy, cold ride on Sat, Apr 18, but I got a lot of good green birds and
topped 150 for the green year!
https://jrmemorialgreenbigyear.blogspot.com/2021/04/snowy-cold-ride-but-so-many-birds.html

Thanks!
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Scott Somershoe
Co-Author of *Birds of Tennessee: A New Annotated Checklist
<http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Tennessee-New-Annotated-Checklist/dp/1507815751/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1453317221&sr=8-3>*