Today we battled wind and a bit of rain, closing and re-opening nets a few
times. While our numbers were still low, one thing was clear: the
Swainson's Thrushes had really moved in overnight. We went from seeing 1 or
2 the past few days to seeing at least 50 in the immediate area today. 13
banded birds of 4 species today,

Pine Siskin - 1
Northern Waterthrush - 1
'Audubon's' Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1
Swainson's Thrush - 10

We are open 3 days per week (Friday - Sunday) through May 30th. We'll also
be open Thurs May 20th. Chico Basin Ranch is once again open to the public
and visitors are welcome at the banding station, click here
<https://ranchlands.com/day-visits/birding-wildlife-viewing/> for more
details on visiting. We are opening nets at about 5:40am and continuing for
5 hours, depending on weather.

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies