I completely agree with Patrick. I’d add a story about a long time Tennessee
birder and big time world birder who moved to Florida about 7 years ago. Before
Terry Witt moved, he threw nearly 50 years of birds records in the trash.
Nothing is in EBird or Avisis or archived in any way. He told me he threw
everything out because he didn’t think anyone would want them. Such a shame.
Unfortunately he passed away about a month ago.

Even if the records are in EBird, archiving the original field notes would be
worth the effort.

My 2 cents.

Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO
Green big year stands at 253 species. Zzzzzzzz.

Sent from my iPhone