Hello CFO Photographers,

We are seeking photos taken from DECEMBER-FEBRUARY 2021-2022 for the
publication's “News From The Field” article.

Please send us your best, high quality photos of rare, vagrant or just
unusual species for a given location (please guidelines below).

We are specifically looking for photos of the following species reported in
Colorado during this time period:

Rare/Vagrant

BRANT
EURASIAN WIGEON
GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL
SNOWY OWL
GYRFALCON
PACIFIC WREN
SEDGE WREN
RUFOUS-BACKED ROBIN

Any images of the following during the  DECEMBER-FEBRUARY 2021-2022 of the
following species would also be most welcome:

Cattle Egret
Dunlin
Solitary Sandpiper
Black-legged Kittiwake
Iceland Gull (kumlieni)
Short-billed Gull
Red-throated Loon
Yellow-billed Loon
Northern Goshawk
Wood Thrush
Varied Thrush
Bohemian Waxwing
Common Redpoll
Snow Bunting
Black-throated Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Canyon Towhee
Northern Waterthrush
Black-and-white Warbler
MacGillivray’s Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Northern Parula
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Palm Warbler
Pine Warbler

On behalf of Colorado Birds, thank you for sharing your photographs! Your
hard work and generosity help to make our journal one of the best in the
country!

George Mayfield
Photo Editor, Colorado Birds
Wheat Ridge, CO
***
Photo Submission Guidelines:

Please submit only photos for the DECEMBER-FEBRUARY 2021-2022 timeframe.

Photos must be your own, and by submitting them, you give Colorado
Birds permission to reproduce in any issue and on the CFO website. We
always credit images with the photographer’s name.

Please label your images as follows: **species name(or 4-letter
code)-date-location-county-photographer**. For example, a photo of
an American Robin taken Oct. 4, 2019 at Chatfield State Park by John James
Audubon would be named as follows: AMRO-04Oct2019-Chatfield-Adams-JJAudubon.

Minimum quality for interior publication use is 750 x 900 pixels. To be
considered for the journal cover, photos must be at least 2625 pixels
(vertically) x 1725 pixels (horizontally). Please send original files in
the largest resolution possible (300 dpi is preferable) we will crop and
resize as needed.  Email your submissions to georgemayfi...@gmail.com