Twenty-one bird species were captured of 56 total birds. No birds have been
recaptured in several days which tells me they are on the move south. Most
of the birds not counting th Brown Thrashers and North Mockingbirds which
most likely were hatched in the near vicinity are in good energetic
condition (fat) for migration. Notable birds were Sage Thrasher,
Orange-crowned Warbler FOS, Veery FOS, Hatching year Gambel's White-crowned
Sparrow FOS, and an adult male Lazuli Bunting.

*56 New Birds*
Wilson's Warbler - 19
Yellow Warbler - 3
Orange-crowned Warbler -2
Ovenbird -1
Western Flycatcher -1
Hammond's Flycatcher -1
Western Wood-Pewee -2
Brewer's Sparrow -3
Chipping Sparrow -1
Clay-colored Sparrow -1
Lincoln's Sparrow -1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow -1
Green-tailed Towhee -6
Lazuli Bunting -1
Veery -1
House Wren -1
Sage Thrasher -1
Brown Thrasher -4
Northern Mockingbird-1
Gray Catbird -2
Yellow-breasted Chat -2

No recaptures

The Banding station is open Monday - Saturday through September 30th.
Mornings are a good time to visit the station to see the passerine bird
activity. This weekend with the cold front coming through I would expect
some interesting birds to possibly show up.

Julie Shieldcastle, Bander
Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies