From: cobirds@googlegroups.com <cobirds@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Mark
Miller <snowy.owl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2022 3:48:35 PM
To: Cobirds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [cobirds] Lake McIntosh 11/20

Hi Everyone,

Today 11/20 I visited Lake McIntosh in Longmont to get some idea of what's
going on with the ice and snow. The lake is 99% frozen, with just a Western
Grebe, a few Mallards, scattered Canada Geese, and a clump of Ring-billed
Gulls. No real surprise there. As I was walking back to my car, I heard a
Townsend's Solitaire singing. I tracked it down and found it in a private yard,
singing away (viewed from the street). The bird then flew over to a parked car
and sat on the side-view mirror. It alternated between perching on the mirror
and attacking its reflection in the driver side window. It's the third week of
November and this bird is acting like it's spring. The homeowner came out and
we had a brief chat; she saw the bird and seemed interested in it, but she had
errands to run. I hope the solitaire gets a grip soon.

Mark Miller
Longmont, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird
species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
cobirds+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:cobirds+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CADLCh%2BxGZtAM%3DPNNZzQWJUxFdoruXbpozs3KZJmaSQf1ZDJDCQ%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CADLCh%2BxGZtAM%3DPNNZzQWJUxFdoruXbpozs3KZJmaSQf1ZDJDCQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.