On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 07:26:53AM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Wolfram Sang wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > so I was trying to convert my spatch from the platform-owner series to a
> > Kernel-cocci with sgen. However, that didn't work and produced a corrupt
> > cocci file (at least the name of the matching rules has been eaten). I
> > used a self-compiled sgen from the Debian rc22. I attach the cocci and
> > config file for easier reproducing. Does the sgen author read the list?
> > Probably it would be easy to fix the broken file, but it seems more
> > sustainable to me to fix the tool :)
>
> Two patches are attached.  Apply p1 and then p2.

Yay, this looks a lot better now. Thanks! I applied the output, looks
reasonable to me. Do you think it is okay, too? I am not sure about the
confidence level. It is a simple patch, so maybe it could be high as
well?

Thanks,

   Wolfram

===

/// Remove .owner field if calls are used which set it automatically
///
// Confidence: Moderate
// Copyright: (C) 2014 Wolfram Sang. GPL v2.

virtual patch
virtual context
virtual org
virtual report

@match1@
declarer name module_platform_driver;
declarer name module_platform_driver_probe;
identifier __driver;
@@
(
        module_platform_driver(__driver);

        module_platform_driver_probe(__driver, ...);
)

@fix1 depends on match1 && patch && !context && !org && !report@
identifier match1.__driver;
@@
        static struct platform_driver __driver = {
                .driver = {
-                       .owner = THIS_MODULE,
                }
        };

@match2@
identifier __driver;
@@
(
        platform_driver_register(&__driver)

        platform_driver_probe(&__driver, ...)

        platform_create_bundle(&__driver, ...)
)

@fix2 depends on match2 && patch && !context && !org && !report@
identifier match2.__driver;
@@
        static struct platform_driver __driver = {
                .driver = {
-                       .owner = THIS_MODULE,
                }
        };

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@fix1_context depends on match1 && !patch && (context || org || report)@
identifier match1.__driver;
position j0;
@@

*       static struct platform_driver __driver@j0 = {
                .driver = {
                        .owner = THIS_MODULE,
                }
        };

@fix2_context depends on match2 && !patch && (context || org || report)@
identifier match2.__driver;
position j0;
@@

*       static struct platform_driver __driver@j0 = {
                .driver = {
                        .owner = THIS_MODULE,
                }
        };

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@script:python fix1_org depends on org@
j0 << fix1_context.j0;
@@

msg = "No need to set .owner here. The core will do it."
coccilib.org.print_todo(j0[0], msg)

@script:python fix2_org depends on org@
j0 << fix2_context.j0;
@@

msg = "No need to set .owner here. The core will do it."
coccilib.org.print_todo(j0[0], msg)

@script:python fix1_report depends on report@
j0 << fix1_context.j0;
@@

msg = "No need to set .owner here. The core will do it."
coccilib.report.print_report(j0[0], msg)

@script:python fix2_report depends on report@
j0 << fix2_context.j0;
@@