Sébastien,

However, improving the user documentation is part of what I am supposdd to
do on Coccinelle dugring this year. That's why, I'd be interested
in any feedback. In particular, if you could let me know which are
the areas which, according to you, are not so well documented, that
woudl be helpful.

More and more people are hosting their documentation on github,
written using markdown.
https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown/

Some examples:
https://github.com/showcases/writing

This approach also makes it easier for you to allow others to
contribute.