>> I am curious on how a dependency for a software interface like
>> “Visitor_ast0_types”
>> should be expressed for so many source files in a consistent way.
>
> What problem are you trying to solve?

I would like to achieve something more for the topics which were also registered
in the issue tracker.

> Why do the dependency specifications need improving?

Examples:

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/20160205/parsing_cocci> LANG=C make V=1
/usr/bin/ocamldep *.mli *.ml > .depend
/usr/bin/ocamlc.opt …
File "_none_", line 1:
Error: Cannot find file flag_parsing_cocci.cmo
make: *** [Makefile:67: cocci_parser.cma] Error 2

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/20160205/parsing_c> LANG=C make V=1
/usr/bin/ocamlc.opt …
File "includes.mli", line 38, characters 46-60:
Error: Unbound module Ast_c
make: *** [/home/elfring/Projekte/Coccinelle/20160205/common_rules.make:6:
includes.cmi] Error 2

These messages indicate reasons why I am also fiddling with the build scripts
for this software again.

Regards,
Markus