> > Also, Coccinelle is comparing the list, but I guess you would prefer that
> > it compare the set, to check for the cases where the names are the same
> > but appear in a different order.
>
> Yes, ideally it would sort arrays before doing compare. Is that doable?

Yes.

> We can just write
> "%s & %s are identical"

OK.

But just to check, there are three fields of interest: regs, dm_regs and
props.  If for two entries regs are the same but dm_regs and props are
different, you still want a warning about regs, right?  This is the
behavior that seemed to be in the C code and is what I have implemented.
Or do you want a warning only if all three are the same.

julia